Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh Tyra...

According to the New York Times, the article “goes inside the world of Tyra Banks - ex-cover girl, ex-Victoria’s Secret model and the reigning star of two popular TV shows, ‘America’s Next Top Model’ and ‘The Tyra Banks Show’ - learn how the 34-year old entrepreneur turned herself into a brand.”

“I think I was put on this earth to instill self-esteem in young girls,” says Tyra.

I don't know how Tyra Tanks formed this sentence. When I was a young girl I stumbled upon Tyra on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. I was drawn to it, not because she automatically built up my self esteem or even because she was so attractive but because the magazine was right under the candy bars. I picked it up and there she was, half nekkid and making love to the camera. I leafed through the rest of the magazine where every model was more beautiful than the next. Needless to say I threw up the candy bar and have been posing donning a cowboy hat, spread eagle on fences ever since. No Tyra, I have not. Those years you were strutting your stuff you made me wonder is this woman even real? How is this possible? I still have nightmares to this day thanks to you and your impossibly huge breasts and tiny waist. What about my self esteem Tyra?

1 comment:

Biggie Schmooze said...

What about her gigantic forehead. You could project movies on that thing [/hate]