Thursday, May 29, 2008

This is crap

Britney Spears has been tipped for a role on Broadway - playing Sandy in the stage version of Grease.
The singer proved her acting credentials with a highly successful stint in U.S. sitcom How I Met Your Mother and was recently linked with a move to the London stage.
Spears was reportedly in talks to star in a West End production of Tennessee Williams’ play A Streetcar Named Desire - playing the lead role of Blanche DuBois.
And now the Toxic hitmaker is once again rumoured to be considering a turn on stage - this time in hit musical Grease.
A source tells British newspaper Metro, “The producers were bouncing around the idea of casting Britney in the role of Sandy.
“They’re recasting the roles in July and they thought that Britney looked like a Sandy. She would be terrific.”
(From PR Inside)

OK, no. This stops right here. I will protest this one until my last breath. I will wear my Rydell High Letterman Sweater and sing Hopelessly Devoted To You to the rafters if this is truly in the works. Trust me nobody wants me singing anything. AND NOBODY WANTS TO SEE BRITNEY AS SANDY! God, I lost John Travolta now this...

No comments: