Friday, May 23, 2008

Bow wow wow, yipee yo yipee yaaay....

Bow Wow tells the Reporter that he's going to focus on acting full time because wants to be like Will Smith. He says, "After 16 years in the music industry and six successful albums, I've decided to shift my energy to something else I'm passionate about, acting. I'm going to try to be the next Will Smith."

16 years in the business? For reals? So, I looked it up and he was born in 1987. 2008-16 years would mean he has been "in the biz" since 1992. That would have made this veteran rapper the ripe old age of 5. Now I don't know much about the hip hop but if MTV's version of The History Channel, Yo! MTV Raps!, serves true the year 1992 was the zygote stages of the phenomenon known as "Gangsta' Rap." It's inception if you will. If Biggie and Pac, didn't make it...how the hell did this kid weather the hail of bullets?

No comments: