Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Don't Be Hatin...

Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man) on Batman...
"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f–king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."
I don't know where this angry tirade came from. It is a comic book movie. You flew in your movie too with a suit you made yourself, you are both self loathing billionares. I just don't understand the animosity. It is a comic book character. Children will be dressing up like both Iron Man and Batman this Halloween. Your movie was good too Robert, don't cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's funny that Robert Downey Jr. said the Dark Knight is too sophisticated when he himself tends to sound so sophisticated