Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Never Meant To Cause You Any Sorrow

The Purple One has this to say
Talking about his determination, Prince told USA Today, “I did the Dirty Mind tour and pushed that envelope off the table. What I didn’t do, finished. I don’t want to go back. You have to get out of your own way.” He went on revealing the fact that he is a Jehovah’s Witness advocate has also contributed to his decision. Giving credit to the bible, which he often reads, Prince furthermore remarked “that’s another way faith has changed me.”
The hit maker openly admitted he no longer wants to write songs with lusty lyrics and perform dirty dancing on-stage because he does not want to offend his fans, who as time goes by have grown up and had children. (celebitchy.com)

Ok. I can respect that. Fine you don't want to do splits, wear assless pants, a rediculous amount of eye makeup, hair product and high heels and all that. But, I saw Purple Rain twice last week and sir I don't care if they beat you with that bible until your teeny ass is as purple as that motorcycle you rode throughout the film, you are never going to wash away those sins in Jehova's eyes, and that's a good thing. The bravado and all around showmanship you had at that time is part of who you are.

No comments: