Monday, March 16, 2009

A Bodyguard? Good Idea Rihanna!

Maybe she should have thougt about this earlier:

The battered pop star made an impromptu trip to the Big Apple over the weekend to have some meetings about impending projects: one of which is a proposed remake of 1992’s Whitney Houston/Kevin Costner flick, “The Bodyguard.” Rihanna would be taking on Whitney’s role in the updated version, which an insider says would be a “young and sexy take” on the favorite film. “GI Joe” hottie Channing Tatum’s name has been bandied about to take on Costner’s role.
(celebitchy.com)

Why would anyone want to do a remake of "The Bodyguard"? That movie was truly awful. But, if they want to remake the wooden acting of Kevin Costner I guess you could not pick someone better than Channing Tatum. He is gorgeous, but very monotone. Like Costner! Rihanna on the other hand ain't no Whitney, well her real life is pretty close to it, but I can't imagine Riri belting out "AND I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I!!!!!" You know what song I am talking about. Just awful. It made absolutely no sense in the context of that movie, either. Now, the original song, when Dolly Parton sang it to Burt Reynolds in "The Best Little Whore House In Texas" that made perfect sense. If you like movies about whores I highly suggest a viewing?

No comments: