Sunday, November 22, 2009

Do you recognize these men?


Neither do I.
Introducing The Bastardization of The Black Eyed Peas.
The pop group was signed to Interscope Records and released their debut Behind the Front in 1998. The album won the Peas (and their accompanying live band, the Bucky Jonson) critical acclaim. It featured the single "Joints & Jams", which was included on thesoundtrack of the Academy Award-nominated film BulworthBehind the Front featured guest appearances from Jurassic 5's Chali 2naDe La Soul, and Macy Gray.[1] Their second album,Bridging the Gap, was released in 2000; it featured the single "Request Line" featuring Macy Gray. These two releases are generally considered by critics as the best of the Peas' career, and some view their subsequent change of style as a tragedy. (wikipedia.com)


When I hear a song like "I Gotta Feeling", I can't take this seriously. I automatically think this is some crappy techno pop band of merry teenagers talking about having fun. Low and behold it is the Black Eyed Peas. This crappy piece of crap? This is what they come out with now? I figured shit like "Hey Mama" (which I really liked) and "Let's Get It Started" was their intro to the popular world of music. After the fame and money they would undoubtedly return to their roots because they had the opportunity to show the world what real music is  and could be. Then they spill this venomous spew onto us all.
I have been hearing this song for months and I had no idea who it was. I am so disappointed that this is what they choose to do after all their success. This has got to be a joke. There is no way that grown up musicians actually like that song. Now that people are listening, this is what they give us? If this is what their tastes are in their late 30's then their IQ's have certainly dropped. This makes me weep.
I always knew Fergie was evil but now I believe she is the devil.

No comments: