Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I WANT TO WATCH THE NEWS....BUT I CAN'T

Tomorrow, history will be made.
At this point, people have either cast their votes, or are in line at this very moment. In one way, I want it to be over, I am sick of the arguing back and forth, but at the same time this has been the most exciting election in history and I am proud of the 2 and 1/2 hours I stood in line last week to vote early. Yeah, I'm proud but next year I will be smart....absentee ballot thank you.
Tomorrow, either we will have the first black President of the United States, or the first woman Vice President of the United States. I hope it is not that latter, but when you think of what it took for women to even get to vote in this country it is a huge leap. When you think about where blacks positions in this country just 40 years ago, it is amazing how far we have come.
Looking back, I can say one thing. I have yet to have any regrets regarding any of the Presidents I voted for. I am especially proud that I NEVER voted for George W. Bush. How many Republicans can say that today? I wonder how many people regret voting for him, especially those that have had a child die in a pointless war.
I have to study. I have to go. For those of you that read, thank you.

No comments: