Thursday, June 4, 2009

Liquor

I have had a love affair with tequila since I was 15. I went on a cruise and did tequila poppers in Cozumel until I could not see straight, walk straight, see at all actually. I threw up violently, but I still love it.
I have gone from beer, to Crown, to red wine, to top shelf vodka and gosh it has really been an adventure. I hate shopping but I love going to the liquor store. The nice ones, with the high ceilings and the big bottles of champagne I am never going to drink. I love perusing the wine aisle and looking at the funny labels of obscure wines. Then I settle for my bottle of Grey Goose and I am out.
This is what I don't understand about myself. I went to my favorite restaurant and had a salad that made me sick to my stomach. I have had an aversion to salads ever since. That was two years ago.
So, why is it that on the random weekend that alcohol makes me violently sick, just like it did when I was 15 (so many years ago) I am so willing the following week to do it all over again?

2 comments:

Anteye said...

You, being of the female persuasion, leaves me at a loss as to why tequila trumps salad. For me, I can site that salad never got me laid. Tequila, on the other hand, is commonly referred to as liquid panty remover.

nonprocessissimo said...

when you compare apples and oranges, this sure is an interesting perspective. however the love affair is with alcohol in general, it seems. which would make alcohol the foreplay and the liquid panties her orgasm!

salads somehow don't have the same effect