Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Don't cry for me


The Tonight Show at 12:05 simply isn’t the Tonight Show.
…if I accept this move I will be knocking the Late Night show, which I inherited from David Letterman and passed on to Jimmy Fallon, out of its long-held time slot. That would hurt the other NBC franchise that I love, and it would be unfair to Jimmy.
So it has come to this: I cannot express in words how much I enjoy hosting this program and what an enormous personal disappointment it is for me to consider losing it. My staff and I have worked unbelievably hard and we are very proud of our contribution to the legacy of The Tonight Show. But I cannot participate in what I honestly believe is its destruction. (wwtdd.com)



Is Conan getting fucked? Absolutely. Is he making the right decision? Absolutely. 
His entrance is funnier than Jay Leno's whole show. Big mistake on NBC's part. It is not the first time. You remember when they put Leno on at 10 pm? 

No comments: